Providence Day School
Providence Day School, Charlotte NC
Position: Grounds Technician
Department: PDS Facilities: Grounds
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (additional scheduling for special events/inclement weather as needed)
This position is responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of the campus grounds and athletic playing surfaces at Providence Day School.
- Operation of commercial landscaping equipment & athletic field maintenance equipment
- Chemical applications for the control of weeds in ornamental beds, fescue lawns and athletic surfaces
- Operation of ornamental pruning equipment
- General maintenance of ornamental beds
- Fertility applications for ornamental plantings and turfgrass species.
- Irrigation system maintenance
- Layout and paint lines for athletic field surfaces
- Assist with athletic event setup and breakdown (baseball/softball, football)
- Carry out tasks and maintenance schedules as assigned by the grounds supervisor
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- athletic field maintenance, nursery work, horticultural work
- Experience using and maintaining grounds management related equipment
- Experience working with irrigation systems
- Have (or be willing to obtain) and maintain a pesticide applicators license
- Have (or be willing to obtain) commercial drivers license
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Walking throughout the campus grounds
- Lift at least 50 pounds
- This job operates mostly outside grounds and fields, which may include inclement and extreme weather conditions.
Applicants should email their resume to:
PDS Facilities: Grounds Supervisor Robbie Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Groundskeeper Hickory Crawdads
Job Title: Head Groundskeeper
Reports to: General Manager, Hickory Crawdads
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Head Groundskeeper is responsible for the overall upkeep and maintenance of the Hickory Crawdads playing field. The head groundskeeper is responsible for providing a field that complies with the specifications and high quality and safety standards, set forth by The South Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, Minor League Baseball, and the Hickory Crawdads.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Maintain all field preparations, including but not limited to turf management, fertilization, edging, base area, home plate and mound preparation, warning track maintenance, bullpens and infield surface maintenance
- Prepare the playing field for practice on game days and facilitate the set-up and breakdown of all equipment, including batting cage, screens, turf mats
- Prepare the field in a high quality and efficient manner in order to achieve the daily practice and pre-game schedule
- Oversee all tarp placement and post-game field and turf maintenance as necessary and monitor weather conditions to protect the field as needed
- Responsible for maintenance of all equipment in order to extend the useful life to minimize repair and replacement costs
- Prepare and perform off-season field maintenance and stadium program
- Assist the Stadium Operations team with various stadium operation duties related to the upkeep of LP Frans Stadium
- Work with different vendors to ensure lowest prices for field products and keep purchases within budget guidelines
- Responsible for all grass, mulch and shrub areas within the stadium fences
- Maintain grass areas behind the outfield wall
- Keep grounds shed and surrounding area clean
- Recruit, train and supervise part-time game day field maintenance personnel
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- College degree in Field/Turf Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience at a multi-use field baseball/athletic field complex
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to safely operate various grounds equipment
- Ability to perform physical labor for long extended periods of time and in various weather conditions
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to work all home games during the season
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!